Do you have a passion for open source communities? Do you love helping software & business teams to run experiments together, safer & faster? Does working with users across major software houses around the globe sound like fun? Are you good at explaining technical & functional concepts to other people? If you said yes to these questions, then this is the role for you!
Unleash is the biggest and fastest growing open source feature management platform in the market, serving feature management capabilities to thousands of developers every day. In addition to Open Source, Unleash equips Enterprise customers to transform and evolve their business through continuous deliveries and experimentation, within a controlled software infrastructure of feature management services.
We are a strong team focused on improving developer efficiency around the globe. Backed by some of the best investors in the world, we have bold plans to grow. We are looking for the best talent to help us reach our goals, this is where you come into the picture.
At Unleash, we believe in a diverse, supportive and collaborative culture. We look for people who are curious, creative, inventive and deeply caring about building products that people love. We encourage people from all genders, races, & ages to apply.
We are now looking for a passionate OSS Community Manager to spearhead our community outreach, spreading the word about how Unleash can help development teams deliver features more efficiently. The Unleash community is open, diverse and already provides some value to its members, but we are just starting. In helping grow the community size and engagement, you will be a key part of our vision where every company can easily run experiments and learn from them in order to improve their products. We have a wide diversity of users in the community, from single developer / entrepreneur projects, to members of large corporations with hundreds of development teams and advanced CI/CD infrastructure.
In this role, you will help us understand our community member personas and their journeys. On the strategic side, you’ll drive choices on how to add value and recognition to those personas or remove frictions from their path, so they find it useful and rewarding to participate and build bonds within this community. On the tactical side, you’ll organise activities / events, and produce or distribute online content in order to grow community value.
You won’t be alone in these tasks, however: You will collaborate closely with our documentation owner, our customer success engineers, and our Insights team in charge of all our user journeys. They are as user centric as you are, and share the same enthusiasm for making their lives happier. Expect to learn, collaborate, and grow with a phenomenal team of interesting people.
What you will do:
- Assess current community status to create a baseline.
- Create a plan on which community personas and journeys to prioritise, how to improve their experience, and how to measure success in doing so.
- Design and develop product demos addressing common community pain points.
- Fuel momentum of Unleash open source platform by advocating in-person and online through conference talks, workshops, blogging, social media, videos, and other similar activities.
- Advocate for our community internally and influence the direction of our product roadmap.
- Build and foster an external community ecosystem of influencers, meetups, and experts to amplify and extend our community reach through mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Some travel is to be expected
What you will bring:
- 3+ years in a software development environment.
- Demonstrable experience of participation in open source communities, preferably in a steering role.
- Demonstrable experience of public speaking, especially at technology conferences.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Good writing skills, and you love writing about technical stuff through content like articles, presentations & white papers.
If you are located anywhere between US Mountain (MST) and EU Central (CET) time zones, please apply now by sending an email to email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.